StarkNet Airdrop is approaching, here’s how to potentially get some rewards
StarkNet is a decentralized Validity Rollup, also known as a ‘ZK-Rollup,’ network. Operating as a Layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum, it enables any dApp to achieve large-scale computations while maintaining Ethereum’s security. This is achieved thanks to StarkNet’s use of state-of-the-art scalability and security features in the industry. As a significant scaling solution for the Ethereum ecosystem, StarkNet has accumulated technical expertise and substantial financial support. With ongoing improvements, StarkNet is poised to become a high-performance Layer 2 network.
The project was initiated by Eli Ben-Sasson, co-founder of Zcash, and quickly gained recognition due to its robust technical capabilities. StarkNet raised $273 million from top institutions, including Intel, Sequoia Capital, and the Ethereum Foundation.
In July 2022, StarkNet released the platform token STRK. total supply of tokens for the Starknet network $STARK: $10B $STRK, of which 9% of the tokens were allocated to StarkNet’s early developers and users. sTRK is scheduled to be officially listed for trading in 2023.
The official partner wallet, Braavos, has been teasing an upcoming airdrop program lately, which will undoubtedly encourage more users to start using the StarkNet network.
Prepare your wallet:
Any one of them will do.
Interacting on the Mainnet Send ETH to Starknet, Starkgate: https://starkgate.starknet.io/ — the official bridge from the Starkware team. It’s a necessary step because it’s an official bridge.
- Go to https://starkgate.starknet.io/
- Connect your Metamask Ethereum and ArgentX/Braavos wallet.
Connecting Two Wallets Connect both your ArgentX and MetaMask wallets, and transfer your ETH to StarkNet ETH. This process takes 5–10 minutes.
- Select ETH > Enter the amount > Click “Transfer” > Confirm on your wallet.
Wait for the transaction to complete.
Using Owlto Finance Owlto Finance is a cross-rollup bridge focused on Layer 2, currently the fastest and most cost-effective. Owlto supports secure transfers between Ethereum mainnet, zkSync Era, Arbitrum One, Arbitrum Nova, Optimism, Polygon zkEVM, Linea, Mantle, Base, and StarkNet networks. Notably, there aren’t many bridges supporting the StarkNet network at the moment, like Orbiter and LayerSwap.
- Go to owlto.finance and connect your wallet, in this case, I’m using OKX and Argent X wallets.
Select Receive on the Starknet network, enter the token quantity, and click “Send”. The fee is only 0.001 ETH, much cheaper than Orbiter, which charges 0.0012 ETH plus 0.01%~0.03% of the transferred amount.
Confirm the send and wait for the transaction to complete.
You’ll receive the funds successfully.
Starknet ID First, mint a Starknet ID as your on-chain identity.
- Log in to https://app.starknet.id/, connect your wallet.
- Enter your name and search.
If your name is available, you’ll see a page like the one below:
- Choose the duration (default is 1 year) > Click “Register from L2” > Confirm on your wallet.
The transaction might take 10–15 minutes.
Swap and More
- Log in to https://10kswap.com/, connect your wallet, and swap ETH for USDC.
- Go to ‘Pool’ > Click ‘Add Liquidity’ on any trading pair (just add 0.1 USDC).
- Enter the amount > Click ‘Deposit’ > ‘Confirm Supply’ > Confirm on your wallet.
- Wait for 2 weeks, then withdraw 0.05 USDC.
- Maximum Gas Fee: 1.5U for this process.
- Log in to https://www.myswap.xyz/, connect your wallet, and perform the same tasks. Swap tokens and provide liquidity to the pool.
- Go to ‘Pools’ > Choose ETH & USDC as tokens > Enter the amount > Click ‘Add Liquidity’ > Confirm on your wallet.
- https://app.jediswap.xyz/#/zap Swap tokens and provide liquidity to the pool.
Interacting with Nostra
- Go to Nostra and connect your wallet.
- Choose the asset you want to pledge as collateral.
- Enter the amount, click “Deposit”.
- Click “Manage”.
- Go to the “Borrow” tab.
- Enter the amount, click “Borrow”.
- Retrieve tokens from the protocol. Click “Manage”.
- Enter the amount and click “Withdraw”.
For more StarkNet projects, visit: https://www.starknet-ecosystem.com/